Dear Team Kenya,
We hope you are pretty much all packed and ready for your departure to Kenya tomorrow! Kensa arrived into Kimilili yesterday and has been with Becky getting everything ready for your arrival on Sunday.
Just a few last minute reminders and tips from Kensa:
1. At Nairobi Airport don’t follow signs for ‘transit’ you need to collect your bags and then head for ‘Domestic’ flights. You need to exit the airport as per the instructions sent by Becky last week.
2. Visas – Kensa said it all went fine going through with her online visa – the customs people were even a little surprised to see one! But it was not a problem at all.
3. It’s pretty rainy at the moment, so do remember to pack a waterproof, just in case!
4. Bring work boots that can cope with some mud.
5. Don’t forget flip flops/slip-ons for the evenings and relaxing.
6. Do remember to bring some smart clothes for when you are not doing manual work – shirt or smart t-shirt and trousers/skirt and smarter shoes too. Kensa recommends a cardigan/jumper as well.
7. Don’t forget to bring some hand sanitiser – at least one bottle per person.
Aside from that – the projects are all ready for you to get started on and the DMH hospital staff are waiting to greet you all! Kensa will meet you at Kisumu Airport on Sunday morning.
Don’t forget to pass on the blogsite address to your family and friends, as we will be updating that as much as possible whilst you are overseas:
And finally – don’t forget to make a note of the Inspire Emergency Number. Please contact us on this if you have any problems with your flight (delay/cancellation etc) or going through transit to the domestic flight: 0044 7531 872 658.
Thank you and have a great trip!
Beth and all at Inspire